Monday, April 18, 2011

Nantucket

Nantucket is a small island off the coast of Boston. It is my favorite place to go on vacation. The island is absolutely beautiful. There are hundreds of sand dunes, and lots of different wildlife. I saw seals, whales, and many different birds. I actually swam with a whale last time I visited Nantucket. I was standing on the beach when I saw the whale. My Dad watched as I swam out into the water to swim with it. When I got close the whale it freaked and swam away. It was amazing. Unlike most places you are able to drive on these beaches. Many people bring their car, and just sit on the beach and enjoy the view. There are so many different age groups from old to young. Every night all the people on the island line up to get ice cream by the pier. The line is down the block. If you haven’t visited Nantucket I hope your pockets are deep before you go because they will definitely be empty by the time you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment